So you are planning on storing your property at StoreLocal Northcote…
Yes, we know it sounds like extra work, but creating an inventory list of all the items you’re planning to put in a StoreLocal Northcote Self Storage unit will make your life a lot easier. Here’s why – and how – to do it.
So, convince me!
We’ll make it short and snappy. Creating an inventory list will help you:
- find any item that you might need urgently, with minimum fuss and frustration, saving you time and effort
- keep from spending money you DON’T have on replacing said item, just because you couldn’t find it in your Self Storage unit
- keep a comprehensive record of the value of items stored in each box and Self Storage unit, in case of a (very rare) incidence of thievery. Your insurance people will thank you!
- find peace of mind if you’re not quite sure whether you’ve actually stored an item, or not – you can simply check your inventory to find out
- feel more in control of your life – and who doesn’t want to feel more in control?
Okay, so what do I do?
- Create inventory sheets – one for each box that you’ll be packing. Label each sheet with the name of the relevant box. For example: “Kitchen doodahs 1”.
- Then, make sure you list every item in the “Kitchen doodahs 1” box on the inventory sheet, along with its quantity and value. This is important information for insurance purposes, in case of damage or theft.
- If you want to, you can make a copy of the “Kitchen doodahs 1” inventory sheet and paste it on the side of the relevant box – but all you really need on the box is a name that corresponds with its inventory sheet.
- You can choose whether you want to write or type your inventory sheets. We recommend typing them on the computer, so that they can all be saved and easily accessible in one space that suits your needs.
- Creating the inventory sheets in a program such as Microsoft Excel is first prize, because you can keep all the different sheets in one workbook. But if you’re not a pro at Excel, don’t stress – Microsoft Word will work just as well.
- If you’re feeling creative, you can even colour code the sheets for each room, or decorate them with pictures or art.
There you go – making a proper inventory of the contents of your StoreLocal Northcote storage unit is not that hard at all, and well worth the effort. Speak to our team for expert advice on how to maximise your Northcote Self Storage experience!
So if you still aren’t convinced, then treat yourself to an episode of Storage Wars on TV, and you’ll soon see how quickly the contents of a storage unit can get out of control.
See you soon at StoreLocal Northcote.