If you want to minimise weather-related damage to your caravan or boat, consider using Self Storage in Rivendell from StoreLocal Tweed Heads. Storing your vessel helps if you won’t be using it for a long period of time. To avoid unpleasant surprises later, be sure to properly prepare your caravan or boat before storing it.
Preparing your boat for storage in Rivendell
There are several ways you can prepare your boat for storage:
- Clean the outside of your boat.
- Apply protective wax to your boat, especially if you plan on storing it for a while.
- Store any removable parts, such as Bimini tops, windshields, or other components.
- Remove any items from inside locking cabinets or storage areas.
- Remove all food items, even items that are completely sealed.
- Drain fluid tanks, and add a stabiliser to the fuel tank.
- Grease the steering mechanisms.
- Seal exhaust ports.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Check the vessel for cracks.
- Remove the drive belts.
While this might seem like a lot of work, these tasks can help protect your boat and ensure it remains in perfect condition.
Preparing your caravan for Self Storage Rivendell
Follow these tips to help prepare your caravan for storage:
- Remove items that can be damaged by extreme temperatures. This could include pens, televisions, and other electronics.
- Remove items that can be damaged by humidity.
- Remove appliances. These should be stored separately.
- Remove bottles containing liquids and any aerosols.
- Clean the caravan thoroughly, including inside and out.
- Put silicone spray on every cupboard door’s gas struts.
- Inspect the caravan for any leaks or cracks.
If you plan to store your boat or caravan for more than a year, consider having it professionally detailed, weatherised, and prepared for storage. If you’re ready to start renting your storage in Rivendell space, contact the team at StoreLocal Tweed Heads today.