Airlie Beach is an amazing place for people who enjoy the beauty of nature — and for people who love great bars and restaurants too. These are the top 10 sights that you shouldn’t miss:
1. The Airlie Beach Lagoon — This large lagoon, conveniently located right near the town’s main street, is an ideal destination for the whole family. In addition to the lagoon itself, the site also contains places to barbecue and a separate pool for kids.
2. The Great Barrier Reef — The clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef, along with its beautiful coral and colourful fish, make it a world-famous destination spot for snorkelling, scuba diving, swimming, and relaxing. Store all your equipment in Storage at Airlie Beach for when you return next time!
3. Heart Reef — Imagine a natural formation made of coral in the shape of a heart. Think about how romantic it would be if something like that existed. Well, it does, and you can see it for yourself. Heart Reef is a favourite sight both for lovers and for photographers. The waters surrounding the reef are protected, so the best way to see it is to take a helicopter or seaplane tour.
4. Whitehaven Beach — This beach, located on Whitsunday Island, is famous for the pure white sand that makes it one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You can feast your eyes on the island from a helicopter or seaplane, or you can take a boat ride from Airlie Beach to Whitehaven Beach to spend a whole day enjoying the sand and the warm water. If you are looking for somewhere you can store your boat in Airlie Beach, StoreLocal can help!
5. Hill Inlet — At one end of Whitehaven Beach is an unusual natural phenomenon. The tide at Hill Inlet swirls the water and the sand around, creating stunning shifting patterns of colour that you have to see to believe.
6. Conway National Park — This beautiful park offers walking trails for all levels of hikers. The o wind through tropical rainforests and climb cliffs for spectacular views. There are also trails for mountain bikers, scenic spots to have a picnic, and places to fish. There is an amazing variety of wildlife, including some species that exist only in the Conway Park area.
7. Cedar Creek Falls — This spectacular waterfall is at its best during the rainy season. The spot is magical, filled with birds, butterflies, fish, turtles, wild orchids, and stately cedar trees.
8. Bicentennial Walkway — Take a relaxing, scenic stroll along this 4-kilometre walkway, which starts at the Airlie Beach Lagoon and ends at Cannonvale Beach. It’s especially beautiful at sunset.
9. Airlie Beach Community Markets — The seaside community markets are open every Saturday from 7:00 in the morning to 1:00 in the afternoon. Enjoy browsing or purchasing locally made crafts, clothing, and food.
10. The Seaflight Bommie Dive Site — Scuba divers will love this dive site, which features beautiful coral and many species of clams. The site is especially popular with photographers.
After you get home, reduce clutter by storing your scuba and other gear in Self Storage Airlie Beach until it’s time for your next adventure